Worldwide Travel Insurance
With the introduction of cheaper air travel, and budget priced cruises, the world is rapidly shrinking, and what were once considered far off and distant places are now within easy reach, both in terms of travelling time and the cost of getting there.
Today’s budget conscious travellers are always looking for cheap travel insurance; however, low premiums should not mean inadequate cover and it is important to make sure that you are buying a policy that will protect you for the type of holiday or trip that you are going on.
If you are going to lie in the sun for two weeks, you will not necessarily require the same levels of cover as someone who is thinking of bungee jumping, or white water rafting.
Similarly if you are backpacking around Australia or the Far East, you will require less cancellation cover than someone who has booked an expensive cruise.
Not all travel insurance policies are the same, so it is important that you take time to read the small print so that you know what is, and what isn’t covered by the policy you are thinking of buying. Small print is a pain, we appreciate that, but unfortunately we cannot get rid of it, but a few minutes scrutinising the cover before you buy, could save you financial hardship and worry later on.
Here are some pointers to look out for when considering buying a worldwide travel insurance policy.
- Is the Cancellation sum insured enough to cover the pre-paid costs of your trip?
- Does the policy include a minimum of £2m to cover emergency medical expenses and repatriation?
- Does the policy cover your baggage if it is lost, damaged or stolen?
- Does the policy cover the costs of emergency items of clothing if you bags are misplaced by the airline?
- Does the policy cover you for all of the activities that you are planning to participate in during your trip?
- Does the policy cover medical conditions?
Once you have purchased your policy you will have 14 days in which to read it through and check that it covers your particular needs – however you should also ask yourself the following:
Have I declared any pre-existing medical conditions? Have I told the insurer about any hazardous (risky) activities that I am thinking of doing?
Holidaysafe worldwide travel insurance has a range of cover options so that you can choose the level of cover you require to suit your budget. To find out more, and to check out our great prices, simply click on our Get a Quote button and then choose the type of policy you are looking for.
Our award winning travel insurance policies will give you peace of mind if you should fall ill or suffer an accident whilst on your dream trip, our doctor managed 24 hour emergency medical helpline will liaise with the hospitals and doctors abroad, and where necessary guarantee payment of your medical bills so that you do not have spend any of your own money. In addition, should it be medically necessary, they will arrange to bring to you home so that you can be treated in your local NHS hospital.
All Holidaysafe worldwide policies provide the following:
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.
- A UK based call centre with highly trained staff who will always do what they can to help you=
- Legal advice and expenses
- In-house claims team
- Optional winter sports extension
- Over 100 sports and activities covered as standard, with the option to extend your cover to include amany more
- UK, Europe and worldwide options available
- Discounts for families and single parent families.
- Longstay, Backpacker and Gap Year options
- Special rates for Cruise insurance
- Award winning policies for older travellers