Gadgets Every Backpacker Needs
Every Backpacker knows that you need to pack as little as possible when commencing a trip, so the things you pack must be essential. Below is our list of the gear and gadgets every Backpacker needs to invest in. Some are absolutely invaluable and some could potentially save your life.
*Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices. This code entitles you to an additional 5% off your policy, and is a discount from the base price, not including the additional cost of optional extensions or any additional medical premium.
- A bottle which will filter the bacteria out of your water. This will save you a lot of time and bother. No one wants to spend the night on the bathroom floor after a sip of water.
- A quality travel charger. Carrying around separate chargers for your phone, camera, laptop etc. is just not feasible. Investing in a solar powered charger will also help when you are on the move.
- Locks for you backpack and laptop. If you can, always put your valuables in a safe, but you should also invest in quality locks. You can buy locks that stick into your laptop’s USB port to prevent theft.
- A multipurpose pocket tool kit. The benefits of owning one of these are too numerous to mention, they can save you a lot of time and energy. Just remember not to carry them in your hand luggage if you’re flying.
- A quality backpack. Depending on your budget you could invest in a water proof backpack or a solar powered backpack. Just remember it must be comfortable, durable and lightweight.
- A decent camera. Every traveller wants to document their adventures, just remember to invest in one that has a good zoom, a decent megapixel count, and is durable. You could even get a water proof camera for underwater shots.
- A decent blanket. This may sound unnecessary but when you are sleeping on an uncomfortable bed in a hostel, or trying to sleep on a crowded plane, this will prove invaluable. Make sure it is hypo-allergenic and anti-bacterial. You could even buy a blanket made of natural material, such as bamboo, to help the environment.
- A travel pillow. Again this will be invaluable when you are on long journeys or trying to get comfortable.
- Everyone has iPods and smart phones nowadays. If you are planning to travel in a group or make friends along the way, then investing in a headphone splitter is a great way to share entertainment and bond.
- An electronic translator is brilliant when travelling. It saves a lot of time panicking and trying to flick through a phrase book.