Presents you can travel with!
Going away for Christmas?
We are very jealous! If you’re struggling to think of presents that will fit in your luggage, we’ve listed our favourite 2017 ideas below for you (you can thank us later!).
It’s very exciting going away for Christmas, whether that be with family or to go and see your family, it is a magical time of year!
Although presents aren’t what Christmas is all about, especially if you are going away, we are going to give you some ideas of what you can easily pack to take with you, so you don’t miss out on the gift giving – or if you just want to buy yourself presents, that’s ok too.
- Bobble hats are always a firm favourite with anyone over the winter period. We have come across some fab finds. Our current favourite is this one. A light grey cashmere pom pom hat will keep your head warm during those winter nights.
- You can never have too many scarves, and when we saw this one we may have fallen a little bit in love. Hand knitted and in neutral colours (navy, red and beige) this can be worn easily with most things. Joules are definitely onto a winner here – plus if you hurry it is in their Black Friday sale.
- This last gift is super delicate, pretty and small enough (even once wrapped up) that you won’t have a problem fitting it in your suitcase. From Not on the Highstreet – Is this beautiful bar bracelet, available in silver or rose gold. You are able to personalise this and can choose a birthstone also. (If you are unsure of the other persons birthday or they don’t like their birthstone as not everyone does- choose April as it is just a clear diamond).
- This Auric Brass Bottle opener is a fab gift for any man in your life. You have the option to personalise it, if you so wish, and isn’t too expensive either. It comes in a gift box, so no wrapping required and is from Not on the High Street.
- Barbour always have some great buys, and this is a steal. A Large Tattersall Lambswool scarf in navy/camel found on ‘Country Attire’.
- Lastly is a Ray Gun Nose Trimmer. What man actually likes to tame his nose hair? We don’t know many… so maybe this is more of a gift for the person who has to look at said man – either way it’s a very practical gift.
- Who doesn’t love colouring in? We’ve found this world map pillowcase for under £20, great for taking up zero space in your luggage and it’s a fun way for kids to learn more about the world.
- Next up, even we want these! These super cool Lace Lights just slide easily onto their laces and are dirt cheap.
- Lastly, here is a page of Lego Gift Depending on the age and gender of your kid plus your price range, you will easily be able to pick up a gift that they will love.
Top Tip: Remember to ensure you check the luggage restrictions set by your airline, as they can differ. While we’re at it, don’t forget that some airlines exclude certain electricals from your hand luggage, so double check this also.
It’s also really important to check through the policy wording for your travel insurance, to see what cover is available (if any) for any gifts you are travelling with and your luggage in general.
Any queries or questions, as always, contact us on @Holidaysafe
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.