If you’re an animal lover, you have probably felt one of the following;
- Wonderment when you see wild animals in their natural habitat
- Outrage when you hear of cruelty to animals, and especially any threat to an endangered species.
- In awe of charity projects who fight to protect wildlife all over the world.
If you’re passionate about wildlife and travelling, then a wildlife conservation project could be the perfect adventure for you this year.
Whether you are interested in marine conservation in Madagascar, protecting primates in Costa Rica or helping big cats in South Africa, there is a charity project to suit you. According to WWF there are only around;
- 20,000 Polar Bears left in the wild
- 7, 500 Sumatran Orangutans left in the world
- 3,200 Tigers left in the world
- 1, 600 Pandas left in the world
- Less than 250 Vaquita left in the world
- And most shockingly there are less than 30 Amur Leopards left
This is simply a short list, but there are so many endangered animals that are at risk of extinction or harm. Therefore any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated by the charities that are fighting to protect endangered or threated creatures.
You can research charity projects online which will normally plan the entire trip for you. Just make sure that you fully research the website, charity and country you are visiting, to make sure you get the correct vaccinations and travel insurance for working with animals.
Please note, Holidaysafe's online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.