- Travel Insurance By PolicyBy TravellerBy DestinationExisting Customers
- Why Holidaysafe?
- Tips & Advice
- Help Centre Sales AssistanceEmergency Assistance
- EXISTING CUSTOMER
The Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) and ABTA have joined together in a new campaign to help prevent people falling from balconies whilst abroad.
So far this year 13 people have fallen from balconies in hotel resorts, 10 of these people have been seriously injured, and unfortunately 3 people have lost their lives.
Most of these cases involve 18-35 year olds, who had been drinking alcohol. It is unsurprising then that nine of these accidents have happened on the party islands of Ibiza and Majorca, where thousands of young people go every year with their friends to drink, party, relax and have fun.
The campaign, which launched this month, will involve TV and radio features, and handing leaflets out to young people at airports, to warn of the dangers. The campaign aims to raise awareness of the following dangers:
· Drinking too much alcohol, especially in hot countries, as it can seriously impair your sense of danger and common sense.
· Not investing in quality travel insurance before you travel, and not preparing for when things go wrong. (Medical bills abroad can become astronomical if you have not invested in adequate travel insurance).
· Climbing over balconies, trying to climb onto a friend’s balcony, and leaning over balconies.
For more information and to see a video about Jake, a balcony fall survivor, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/taking-action-to-help-prevent-balcony-incidents-abroad. Explore what the world has to offer safely, with Holidaysafe.co.uk.
To get a quote please choose one of the following policy types: