Gap Year Travel Insurance
Gap years provide so much more than a break from education, they offer a chance to improve your CV, test your chosen career path, gain life experience, learn new skills and do something amazing like volunteering. To ensure you and your trip are protected against any unexpected holiday disasters, such as medical emergencies or lost possessions, it is important to invest in quality Gap Year travel insurance.
Holidaysafe’s backpacker and Longstay travel insurance policies are perfect for student and gap year travellers. The benefits of a Holidaysafe travel insurance policy include;
- Cover for trips up to 24 months in duration, in Europe or World Wide. (Plus you can extend your policy whilst away, as long as your total trip does not exceed 24 months in total.)
- Cover available for lost, stolen or damaged gadgets including tablet computers and smart phones.
- Cover for 100 activities free of charge, with the opportunity to extend your cover to include many more.
- Your policy will include two return trips home without breaking your cover, so you can return home for Christmas, Birthdays, or whenever you fancy a visit.
- Cover for studying, volunteering and working abroad* included as standard.
- Cover includes: cancellation, medical expenses, repatriation, personal injury, legal expenses, personal belongings and personal accident.
- Discounts available for couples and families.
*Excludes manual labour, which is defined as work involving the lifting or carrying of heavy items in excess of 25Kg, work at a higher level than two storeys or any form of work underground.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Multiple Which? Best Rate Policies 2010 – 2015!
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
- Personal Finance Awards Top 5 Finalist 2012
Holiday selfies have become a key part of travelling for anyone with a smart phone, but now the Plitvice Lakes National Park (a UNESCO World Heritage Site, situated in the mountainous area of central Croatia) has urged tourists via Twitter to ‘respect’ themselves and stop taking ‘stupid and dangerous’ selfies.
According to official statistics, you are now more likely to die from a selfie related accident than a shark attack. These unbelievable figures come after a string of tragic deaths, including the electrocution of a teenager and the falling of a tourist down the Taj Mahal steps.
Going to a new destination is always extremely exciting, but without researching the local laws and customs before you depart, you could quickly find yourself in hot water. Imagine waiting for the tube in London, then someone jumping the queue and barging on without letting anyone off first – in the UK this would be […]
The Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA) has recently released a report detailing the top Gap Year travel trends for 2015-2016, including the most popular destinations and activities.
The majority of travellers have, at one point or another, arrived at the airport or at their holiday destination only to have that horrible moment of realisation – something important has been left behind.
Promotionalcodes.org.uk has recently conducted research into the things travellers find most frustrating when at the beach, and have offered top ‘travel hacks’ to help solve their problems…
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.