If you have a question about our products, you may be able to find the answer in our frequently asked questions section. We have put together a list of the most popular questions we get asked by our customers – simply click on the question below to reveal the answer.

If you are unable to find the answer to your question here, don’t worry, please contact us and we will be able to help you.

Backpacker and Longstay
Am I Covered to work or volunteer whilst abroad?

Cover for working and volunteering is included as standard under our policies. Please note there is no cover for manual labour, which we define as work involving the lifting or carrying of heavy items in excess of 25Kg, work at a higher level than two storeys or any form of work underground. Please read your policy wording for more information.

Can I extend my cover whilst I am away?

Yes you can, as long as your entire trip does not exceed our overall duration limits. These limits vary depending on the type of policy that you have, but for example anyone travelling on our Backpacker & Longstay policy could purchase cover for 12 months, and then extend their cover up to 12 more months, because our maximum overall limit is 24 months.

Can I purchase cover if I haven’t booked my return flight yet?

Yes. However, in the event of a claim you would have to provide written evidence that you intended to return to the UK i.e. work commitments, a university placement, hospital appointment etc. Please note that this policy is not intended to offer cover if you are emigrating.

Can I purchase insurance if I have already started my trip?

You can only purchase travel insurance once you have departed for your trip, but only if the following apply to you;

  • You have been out of the UK for 72 hours (three days) or less
  • You can provide written confirmation of no claims and no claims pending
  • You are registered with a UK GP

If the above do apply, you will need to call our customer services team for a quotation. Please note, policies purchased online will not be valid if you have already left the UK, so you must call us to discuss a quotation.

If you have been out of the UK for over three days, we work with GlobalVoyager to provide an Anywhere to Anywhere cover which may help you. Visit this page for more information.

I am travelling to Australia, how do I enrol in Medicare and why do I need to?

Medicare is really important as it will provide you with free or discounted healthcare and medicines if you were faced with a medical emergency. To enrol in Medicare you can download a form from the Australian Human Services website, or you can visit a Medicare office as soon as you arrive. For more information please visit our Medicare page.

What is the maximum age limit on Backpacker and Longstay policies?

Our Backpacker & Longstay policies are available to those aged up to 75 years old (depending on their age and destination of choice).

Am I covered if a close relative at home falls ill and I need to cut short my trip?

All claims are assessed based on the individual circumstances, however we do not cover existing medical conditions of non-travelling family members.

Do the sums inured benefit the whole group or each person?

The Underwriters will pay up to the sum insured listed for each insured person.

How do I make a claim?

Please visit our Claims Information page for further details

I am still abroad and need to make a claim on my policy, what do I do?

At Holidaysafe we understand that it may be difficult for travellers to make a claim during their trip. To get the process started, please follow these steps;

  • Download a claim form from the Claims Tab above or send us an email to claims@tif-plc.co.uk, don’t forget to supply your name and address and brief details of what has happened.
  • You can email or fax the completed claim form to us along with the supporting documentation. We advise that we may still require you to provide the original documentation as proof of ownership for Personal Possessions claims.
  • You will be expected to follow the Claims Procedure shown in the Policy wording and to substantiate your claim by providing supporting documentation. Please note that failure to supply full information and documentary evidence may cause a delay in the handling of your claim.
My baggage is being sent 2 weeks before I travel. Is it covered?

Unfortunately not, your baggage must travel with you.

What documents do I need to take away with me?

It is totally up to you how much documentation you bring abroad with you – some people prefer to have a paper copy of everything, and other people are happy to access their documents via their smart phone.

We suggest that you should always take a copy of your Policy Schedule, as this is your confirmation of cover, and shows your policy number, the travellers who are covered under the policy, and the cover you have purchased (plus any additional cover options). If you have declared any medical conditions, you should also take a copy of your Medical Screening document, just in case you need to seek medical treatment.

Please note, in some countries such as Turkey, you will be asked to produce all of your travel insurance documentation (including your policy wording) before you can see a doctor.

Will my policy cover me against terrorist activity or civil unrest?

You are covered for emergency medical expenses and personal accident due to a terrorist attack or civil unrest. If you would like additional cover for changes in FCO advice our Premier Platinum policies offer our highest levels of cover. Please read your policy wording for more information and keep in touch with the Foreign Commonwealth Office.

Countries and Destinations
What countries are covered under the different destination brackets?

For information on the countries covered under our destination brackets, please visit this page.

Please remember to check the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) advice on your destination of choice, as we will not cover travel to anywhere deemed unsafe by the FCO.

Do I need a Cruise policy to be covered for river cruising?

We define a cruise as a pleasure voyage of more than 72 hours in duration, sailing on sea/s or oceans and including stops at various ports. River cruising does not fit this criteria and so a specialist Cruise extension would not be necessary.

What is the age limit on Cruise policies?

Our Single Trip policies have no upper age limits, so we can cover anyone 80+ as long as they add our Cruise extension to their policy (cover depends on a medical screening and your destination of choice). We also offer a Multi Trip Cruise Extension, which is available to anyone aged up to 79 years old.

Am I covered for any sporting or hazardous activities? What is a Hazardous Activity?

Hazardous activity means any activity that requires skill and involves increased risk of injury. We cover 100 sports and activities under our policies, and you can extend your cover to include many more by purchasing Activity Extension packs. To make sure you’re covered whilst participating in a hazardous activity, please check your policy wording or call us. If you purchase an activity pack it is valid for the life of your policy.

Am I covered for business travel?

The products on this site have been designed primarily for the leisure traveller. However limited cover for business travel is included. If you require more in-depth cover for business travel, a specialist Business Extension is available on most of our policies for a small additional premium. Visit our Business Extension page for more information.

Am I covered for departure from Dublin airport?

Yes, as long as you are a resident of the United Kingdom we can provide cover for trips departing from Dublin Airport.

Are my valuables and gadgets covered?

The valuables and gadget cover available varies depending on the policy you have purchased. Please note that if you have home contents insurance your valuables may be covered aboard under this policy. For more information please visit the compare cover table or policy wording of your desired policy.

Are pushchairs, prams and wheel chairs covered?

Wheelchairs are only covered whilst being carried as luggage on public transport. The sum insured can be found within your policy wording under the Personal Possessions section. We offer cover for buggies and strollers in case they are lost, stolen, damaged or delayed under our new Family Nich policy. For more information visit our Family Niche page.

Are the cover levels per person?

Yes, all of our sums insured are per person and available for each insured person on the policy.

Are the rates based on my age at the date of departure?

Our rates are calculated on your age at the date of purchase, and not the date of departure.

Can a non-resident of the UK purchase a policy?

Unfortunately not, we only provide insurance cover to residents of the United Kingdom. However, we have partnered with GlobalVoyager to help non-UK residents find affordable travel insurance – visit this page for more information.

Can I have a family policy if my children do not live with me full time?

Yes, a family policy can be purchased as long as your children are living with you or their other parent, the children must be dependent, under 18 and in full time education. If your children are over 18, we may still be able to cover you under our Family Niche policy, visit our niche page for more information.

Can I pay an excess waiver?

We offer the option to waive your excess on several of our policies for a small additional premium, if this option is available it will appear on the options page of the quotation process. We also offer several policies which automatically have no excess. For more information visit our Excess Waiver page.

Can I purchase insurance if I have been abroad for the last 6 months?

To be eligible for our insurance your main home must be in the UK or Channel Islands, and you must not have spent more than six months out of the country in the last twelve months. As long as you meet these requirements you will be able to purchase a policy from us. If you are a policy holder who is still away and would like to extend their cover, please call our customer service centre.

If you do not meet this criteria, we have partnered with a company called GlobvalVoyager who offer ‘anywhere to anywhere’ cover which may be suitable for you. Visit this page for more information.

Can I travel whilst pregnant and do I need to declare my pregnancy?

Pregnancy is not a medical condition, it is a natural and wonderful event, and therefore there is no need to inform us of your pregnancy. Our policies include emergency medical expenses cover for pregnancy and childbirth from week 0 to week 28 whilst you are away.

From the start of week 29 to week 40 of the pregnancy, there is no cover for claims relating to normal pregnancy and normal childbirth or cancellation, however, medical expenses and cancellation cover will be provided if any of the following complications arise: Toxaemia, Gestational hypertension, Ectopic pregnancy, Post-partum haemorrhage, Pre-eclampsia, Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole, Retained placenta membrane, Placental abruption, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Placenta praevia, Stillbirth, Miscarriage, Emergency Caesarean, A termination needed for medical reasons, Premature birth more than 12 weeks (or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date.

Please note we will not cover denial of boarding by your carrier so you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance as regulations vary from one carrier/airline to another.

Can we cover our foster children under a family policy?

Family policies can be purchased by two adults and their dependent children, as long as the children are under 18, in full time education and living at home.

Do I need worldwide cover for overnight stop overs?

As long as you are not travelling outside your selected geographical area for more than 7 days in total, then you would not need to purchase additional geographical cover for a stop over. For example if you purchased cover for Australasia but were stopping over in the USA for two days to get a connecting flight, you would only need cover for Australasia.

How is a child defined?

We define a child as a dependent person who is under 18, living at home and in full time education. If your children are over 18, we may still be able to offer you a family policy, for more information visit our family Niche page.

How is a family defined?

Under our standard collection of policies, we define a family as two adults and their dependent children or Grandchildren, where the children are under 18, living at home and in full-time education. If your children are over 18, or if you are travelling with family friends, we may still be able to cover you under our Family Niche policy, for more information visit our specialist family page.

How is a Single Parent Family defined?

We define a single parent family as one adult and their dependent children, where the children are under 18, living at home and in full time education.

How is couple defined?

A couple is defined as two people in a romantic relationship, who have been living together at the same address as a couple for at least six months.

I am in the British Forces, can I purchase a policy?

Yes of course you can – we do cover travellers in the British Forces if they have a BFPO address. A number of our policies also provide cover for cancellation if your leave is revoked due to HM Forces requirements.

I am travelling today; can I still buy a policy?

Yes, you can purchase a policy via our customer service centre or online and receive immediate cover. You can receive a copy of your documents by email and then print them if you want.

I have bought a policy but now wish to change my details or cover, how do I do that?

If you have already purchase your policy and would like to change your details, simply contact us and one of our customer service advisors will be able to help you.

If I buy activity pack five, am I automatically covered for packs one to four as well?

Depending on the policy you purchase we offer different activity packs for free, however if you purchase a higher activity pack you will automatically be covered for all of the activities in the lower packs. For example if you purchase pack five you will be covered for all activities in packs one to four as well.

My Fiancé and I are planning our Honeymoon, which surname should she list on the policy?

The details on your travel insurance policy should match the details on your travel documents (i.e. passport).

What do I do if I have a dispute with the insurer and want to make a complaint?

Please visit our complaints page for more information.

What is an excess, and how do you apply excesses and section limits?

An excess is the amount you have to pay towards any claim under the policy. The excess will be applied per person, per incident, per section claimed under.

Each claim is settled on its individual merits according to the terms and conditions of the policy wording, so it is difficult to show some exact examples. However, when our appointed claims team receive a personal possessions claim form, they first deduct any wear and tear costs from the amount to find the item’s current value. They then apply the excess, and then apply the section or single article limit – both shown in your policy wording.

What is cancellation cover, and is it included on your policies?

The cancellation section of a travel insurance policy is there in case you cannot go on your trip due to an unexpected illness or event, to cover the prepaid costs of transport, accommodation and additional travel expenses that you cannot recover from any other source. Cancellation cover is included in most of our policies (except Last Minute and Express) in various different levels.

What is meant by ‘taking reasonable care’?

With any insurance policy, the policyholder should always act as though there is no insurance at all and take all measures to protect their property and themselves as if they were uninsured.

What is personal liability cover in travel insurance?

Personal Liability refers to any event which you are legally liable to pay that relates to an incident caused directly or indirectly by you, and that results in:

  • Injury, illness or disease of any person;
  • Loss of, or damage to, property that does not belong to you or any member of your family and is neither in your charge or control nor under the charge or control of any member of your family;
  • Loss of, or damage to, trip accommodation which does not belong to you or any member of your family.
What is repatriation cover, and is it included on your policies?

Repatriation is the process of returning a person to their country of origin. Under travel insurance policies this will usually be because an injury or illness means that the person must go home earlier or later than their original holiday departure date. Any necessary repatriation costs are covered under the Medical Emergency Expenses section of our policies.

When does my insurance policy start?

If you purchase a single trip policy (including Cruise, Backpacker and Longstay) your cancellation cover will start from the date you purchased your policy. However, if you have purchased a Multi Trip policy, your cover will start from the start date of your policy.

Which Destination group should I choose, and which countries are included in each?

– Europe Excluding Spain: This includes the following countries: all countries west (to the left of) of the Ural Mountains, including the United Kingdom, Iceland, Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Turkey, the Azores, Madeira, the Mediterranean islands and the majority of Russia which falls west of the Ural Mountains, including St. Petersburg and Moscow. For a full list of the countries covered by this region, please visit our Countries of the World List.

– Europe Including Spain: As above but includes Spain and the Canary islands. All areas east of the Ural Mountains, such as Siberia, and are classed as worldwide. For a full list of the countries covered by this region, please visit our Countries of the World List.

– World Wide Excluding the USA, Caribbean and Canada: This region includes cover to all countries apart from the USA, Caribbean and Canada. For a full list of the countries covered by this region, please visit our Countries of the World List. (Please note, Holidaysafe does not provide cover for anyone travelling against the advice of the FCO).

– World Wide Including the USA, Caribbean and Canada: This region includes cover to all countries. For a full list of the countries covered by this region, please visit our Countries of the World List. (Please note, Holidaysafe does not provide cover for anyone travelling against the advice of the FCO).

Who is classed as a close relative within the terms of this travel insurance policy?

A spouse or partner of over six months, parents, grandparents, legal guardians, parents-in-law, step-parents, aunt, uncle, brother, sister, child, grandchild or fiancé(e).

Who is eligible to buy a policy from Holidaysafe?

Holidaysafe travel insurance is available to residents of the United Kingdom and Channel Islands – this means that we can cover people who have had their main home in the united kingdom or the Channel Islands and who have not spent more than six months abroad in the year before buying this policy.

If you do not meet this criteria, we have partnered with a company called GlobvalVoyager who offer ‘anywhere to anywhere’ cover which may be suitable for you. Visit this page for more information.

Who underwrites the Holidaysafe policies?

Please visit our Insurers page for more information.

Can I have cover for Psychological conditions?

Yes, we can provide cover for psychological conditions such as stress, anxiety, depression and eating disorders, but only if these have been declared to us and we have accepted cover for these conditions in writing.

Do I have to pay my medical bills myself?

If you need to seek Outpatient medical treatment, bills less than £500 should be paid by you at the time and claimed on your return. It is very important to obtain an itemised receipt for any monies paid for medical treatment for your claim. If the costs are more than £500, or if you need to seek Inpatient treatment, please contact our emergency assistance company as soon as possible so they can liaise with the hospital directly.

Does my medical excess apply to my entire policy or just medical claims?

Your medical excess will only apply to claims which are related to the existing medical conditions that you declared, and for which an additional excess has been applied. For example, if you had to cancel your trip due to your condition then your medical excess would apply, however if you needed to cancel due to a completely unrelated event, then the standard policy excess would apply.

How can I get medical assistance whilst I am away?

Please contact our 24 hour emergency assistance team. You will need to have your policy details and policy number to hand to verify your cover. Their role is to guide and advise you, and to liaise with the treating doctors where appropriate. If you have to make any payments relating to sickness overseas please remember to hold onto all the receipts as you’ll need these when making a claim.

I have received an outstanding invoice for medical treatment abroad, what should I do?

If you have an existing emergency medical expenses claim with us, please forward the original invoice to us quoting your claim reference number and we will arrange payment of the invoice.

If you have not submitted a claim to us, please obtain an Emergency medical expenses claim form and return the completed form to us along with the outstanding invoice and other supporting documentation requested.

What happens if I miss my return flight due to illness or injury?

Don’t worry, provided you have contacted our medical assistance service your policy will be automatically extended to cover you until it is agreed that you are fit to travel home. Our medical assistance service will liaise with you and, where necessary, with your treating doctor to decide when you are fit to travel.

What if I want to come home early?

This policy covers you to come home early because you are ill or injured, only if medical treatment is not available locally. If you are thinking of cutting short your trip because you are not well then you must contact our 24 hour emergency assistance service for advice first.

If you need to come home for any other reason, such as the illness of a close relative in the UK then you should make your own arrangements, bearing in mind your duty to act at all times as if uninsured. If you are not sure whether your circumstances are included in the cover then please contact our claims team.

What is do you define as a medical condition?

Any medical condition, serious or recurring, which has previously been diagnosed, investigated or treated in any way, at any time prior to travel, even if this condition is currently considered to be stable and under control by the use of drugs. To ensure you are fully covered, you should always declare all of your conditions to us when you purchase a policy, either via our online medical screening system or by calling our customer service centre. If there are any changes in your health or medication during the life of your policy, you will need to alert us to these changes.

What is the EHIC and why do I need one?

The European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) replaced the previous E111 certificate in January 2006. The card entitles the holder to receive medical treatment provided by the state hospitals within the country being visited in the EU. It provides you with same benefits as the local residents. In some countries (France for example) you may have to make a contribution towards the treatment you receive.

You can obtain a card for free via the NHS website, other than your name and address they will require your National Insurance number.

If your EHIC card is presented and accepted at a state hospital, your policy excess may be waived if a reduction in costs has been obtained.

European Health Insurance Card is not a substitute for travel insurance and will only cover you for medical treatment you may need whilst abroad. It will not get you home (repatriation). Travel insurance will provide repatriation cover as well as cover for cancellation, personal possessions, money, liability etc., which are not covered by EHIC.

What is the tourist trap?

The ‘tourist trap’ refers to certain privately owned medical clinics around the world who seek to ‘trap’ tourists by inflating medical bills in the hope of getting paid by the tourist or their travel insurance. These clinics usually pay taxi drivers, hotels and hostels to send any injured tourists to their clinics, they then charge extortionate rates without providing appropriate care for their patients. To protect yourself against falling into the trap, always make sure you visit a state facility if possible, and under no circumstances should you ever give your credit card details or surrender your passport to anyone.

Why does TIF recommend the use of public hospitals rather than private ones?

TIF policies are travel policies as distinct from private health-care policies, so they cover the cost of emergency care and not anything which can reasonably wait until you return home

Emergency medical conditions may affect any system of your body, in countries with public health-care systems, the only hospitals capable of providing care for any condition 24 hours a day every day of the year, are public hospitals. This is as true around the world as it is back home in the UK

Providing facilities for all services is costly. Private hospitals need to be both competitive and profitable and so cannot generally invest in the staff and infrastructure generally available in the public sector.

Secondly public hospitals are regulated by the state. In a public hospital it is virtually impossible for a doctor to be working in a field for which he is not qualified. Unfortunately, there are many doctors in the private sector who are not as qualified as they claim; this happens in the Mediterranean holiday resorts as well as further afield.

Public hospitals are inspected regularly with regard to their standards of medical care, hygiene, fire hazards, etc., whereas private hospitals may only be inspected in response to complaints.

Thirdly private hospitals the world over are incentivised to over-diagnose, over-admit, over-investigate, over-treat, and overcharge. This is dangerous for our clients. The Medical Director of BUPA made this point publicly in November 2012 when he said that BUPA estimate that 70% of investigations and treatments carried out under BUPA cover is either unnecessary or wrongful.

The only exceptions to the generalisations above are countries without public health-care services or countries where public and private health is funded and paid for the same way.

Is my motorcycling gear covered?

One of the most important features of Holidaysafe Bikers Travel Insurance is that your motorcycling gear, including leathers, boots, gloves and helmet is covered for accidental damage or theft whilst on your trip. However you should note that we will only cover damaged gear if the damage is such that it renders the gear unusable.

Is there a limit to the size of bike I am allowed to ride?

Unlike most travel insurance policies that limit the size of bike to 125cc, Holidaysafe Bikers Travel Insurance will cover you to ride bikes of any size provided that you have a UK licence to ride them in the UK.

Is there cover for my pillion passenger?

The motorcycle travel insurance provided by Holidaysafe Bikers Travel Insurance covers both rider and pillion passenger provided they have each purchased a policy, (or in the case of a couple, they have paid the couples premium). Please note that in the event of an accident for which you are held liable, whilst you and your pillion will be covered for any medical expenses incurred to treat your injuries, you will not be covered in the event that your pillion decides to sue you for compensation. (Please see “Will the policy cover me if I injure someone or damage property when riding my bike?”).

What if I want to participate in a track day?

Our range of motorcycle travel insurance policies offers cover for participating in track days and events as standard, including medical emergency, personal accident and repatriation cover.

What licence do I need to ride a motorcycle abroad?

We only provide cover for people travelling on a motorcycle or moped for which they hold a Full licence to ride in their home country. For example someone with a provisional licence would not be covered to ride a Harley Davidson!

Will I be insured to ride off road?

Our motorcycle travel insurance covers you when riding off road provided you are not riding in any area where it is forbidden to ride due to local restrictions.

Will the policy cover me if I injure someone, or damage property when riding my bik

As with all travel insurance policies, Holidaysafe Bikers Travel Insurance does not provide cover for Third Party Liability when riding a motorcycle. I.e. damage to either the bike or someone else’s vehicle or property, or for any injury to another person).If you are taking your own bike abroad; you must notify your usual motorcycle motor insurance provider so that they can extend your policy. If you are intending to hire a bike whilst you are abroad then ensure that your rental company has the appropriate insurance in place for you.

Multi Trip
Am I covered for trips within the UK on my Multi Trip policy?

Yes, any pre-booked UK holidays of three days or more are covered.

Am I covered for winter sports on my Multi Trip policy?

To be covered for winter sports on your Multi Trip policy you must have either purchased our specialist Winter Sports Multi Trip policy, or have purchased at least activity pack three. We would always advise that you purchase the specialist cover to ensure you and your equipment is covered whilst participating in your activities.

Can adults travel independently on a Multi Trip policy?

Yes, if a couples, family or independent traveller policy has been purchased then each adult (over 18) is insured to travel independently of the other.

Can children travel independently on a family Multi Trip policy?

Unfortunately our normal family policies do not cover children to travel independently of you, unless they are either travelling directly to be with you or to return directly to their home after being with you.

However, we do offer a specialist policy as part of our Niche range with covers children up to the age of 21 free of charge, and also covers them to travel independently. For more information visit our Niche Family Travel Insurance page.

Can I extend my ‘days per trip’ allowance?

On our Multi Trip policies we offer customers cover for unlimited trips in a 12 month period, as long as each trip does not exceed a certain number of days. For your reference, we have included these limits below;

  • Lite = 24 days per trip
  • Standard = 31 days per trip
  • Premier = 31 days per trip
  • Premier Plus = 45 days per trip (60 day per trip extension available)
  • Premier Platinum = 45 days per trip (60 day per trip extension available)

If you purchase a policy and then realise you need cover for additional days per trip, you can ring us at anytime to upgrade to one of our higher policies, or add the 60 day per trip extension. Unfortunately we cannot simply increase cover for a few extra days. If you need cover for more than 60 days per trip, we would recommend looking at out Single Trip policies instead.

Do you cover trips longer than 45 days?

You can be covered for trips of up to 60 days in duration if you purchase the 60 day extension which is available under our Premier Plus and Premier Platinum Multi Trip policies. Simply choose the extension on the options page of our quote process, or call our customer service centre.

I have a Multi Trip policy; do I need to inform you before I go on a trip?

Our Multi Trip policies provide cover for an unlimited number of trips during a 12 month period, so there is no need to inform us before each trip. Simply let us know if you need anything, and you can relax in the knowledge that all of your trips are covered.

Is cruising covered on a Multi Trip policy?

To be covered for cruising on a Multi Trip policy you must have purchased our Cruise extension. This will extend your policy and provide cover for 31 days cruising during the 12-month life of your policy. For more information please visit our Cruise Extension Page.

What is the difference between Backpacker and Multi Trip insurance?

Backpacker or Longstay insurance covers longer than average single trips from one to 24 months in duration, these trips will usually be continuous and involve visiting multiple countries.

Multi trip insurance (or annual multi trip insurance) is a 12-month policy which covers unlimited trips throughout the year of up to 60 days in duration each. Each individual trip must start and end in the UK. This insurance is not suitable for someone who intends to travel continously for 12 months.

What is the maximum age limit on Multi Trip policies?

Our Multi Trip policies can provide cover for anyone aged 79 or under – subject to a medical screening and your destination of choice.

Single Trip
What is the age limit on Single Trip policies?

Our Single Trip policies have no upper age limits, so we can provide cover for anyone 80+ subject to a medical screening and their destination of choice.

Can I be covered for cruising on my Single Trip?

Yes, simply add our cruise extension on the options page of the quote process.

Do you provide Scuba Diving Insurance and what does it cover?

Under most of our policies scuba diving is covered up to a depth of 30 meters and members of the insured party diving must hold a PADI certificate (or another recognised SCUBA qualification) of proficiency or must be diving with a qualified instructor.

However, we do offer a specialist Scuba Diving policy which covers depths up to 50m plus extra cover for equipment and loss of dive days. For more information visit our Niche Scuba page.

Winter Sports
Do you cover Off Piste Skiing?

Under our Winter Sports policies, we cover on and off piste Skiing and Snowboarding in resort as standard for no additional premium (under activity pack three). We define ‘in resort’ as an area which has prepared ski runs and groomed slopes and is serviced by lifts and tows which operate seasonally. If you are skiing or snowboarding outside of this defined area, you may need to purchase an additional activity extension pack. Please see our winter activities list for more information, or give us a call.

Is mountain rescue included in my cover?

Yes, any mountain rescue costs which were deemed medically necessary would be covered by all of our policies under the Medical Emergency section of the wording.

Which winter sports are covered as standard under the winter policies?

Winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding and Ice Skating are included as standard. For a more detailed list please visit our Winter Sports activities list, everything listed in activity packs 1,2 and 3 are included as standard.

Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.

Share this page: