Medical Condition Travel Insurance
Travel Insurance is absolutely vital when travelling abroad, because without it you could be vulnerable to expensive bills if you suffer an illness or injury abroad. Many people wrongly assume that their European Health Insurance Card or EHIC will cover all of their medical costs when travelling in Europe, however this will not cover the costs of getting you home or, in some cases, even pay for all of your treatment and medications. Furthermore, if you are travelling outside of Europe the costs of medical treatment and repatriation can be colossal.
Holidaysafe’s medical travel insurance provides cover for any costs that you might incur if you suffer a sudden and unforeseen injury or illness whilst on your holiday or trip. To find out more about our range of policies and to check out our great prices, simply click on our Get a Quote button and then choose the type of policy you are looking for, e.g. Single Trip.
All Holidaysafe policies provide medical travel insurance as standard and include:
- Specialist Protectif medical risk rating service, so you can ensure all your conditions are covered.
- The choice of the level of protection you require, from £2million to £10 million.
- Emergency Repatriation back to the UK if medically necessary.
- The cost of one relative or friend to travel out to you, or stay with you if you are hospitalised.
- The cost of getting home if you have been hospitalised and miss your return flight.
- UK, Europe and worldwide options available.
- Choose from a range of policies and cover options including Single, Multi and Winter Sports cover.
- 100 sports and activities covered at no additional charge.
- In the unlikely event that we cannot provide cover for your medical conditions, our sister company Insurancewith might be able to help.
Get a Quote
- Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Save 15% Online!
- 14 Day Cooling Off Period
- Discounts on Couples & Family Policies
- Optional Product Extensions & Enhancements
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Assistance
- UK based Customer Service Team
And Much More
Award Winning Travel Insurance
- Which? Recommended Provider for Travel Insurance May 2017
- Moneywise 'Most Trusted Travel Insurance Provider' 2016
- Moneyfacts ‘Travel Insurance Provider’ of the year 2016 & 2014
- Moneyfacts ‘Highly Commended Travel Insurance’ 2013
According to research, stroking animals such as dogs and cats can help to dramatically reduce stress and anxiety, which is why San Francisco International Airport first initiated their ‘SFO Wag Brigade’ in December 2013.
British health chiefs have warned travellers to be very wary when booking or travelling to certain resorts in the south of Cancun, after a number of British families started legal proceedings against their tour operators due to serious holiday illnesses.
When travelling abroad, many holidaymakers forget that other countries do not offer free healthcare, and so they may face expensive medical costs if they need to seek treatment. Now an Australian website called Finder has conducted research into the costs of hospital beds, and found that they can be more expensive than hotel rooms in […]
At Holidaysafe we love a trip abroad, but part of travelling is accepting that things may not go exactly to plan – immediately conjuring images of flight delays and bad weather. However, according to recent research by airport parking company Parkat, diarrhoea has topped the list of things holidaymakers most fear when travelling abroad.
According to data collected from The Boston Consulting Group, people in Norway have the best ‘well-being’ in Europe, and Macedonia has the worst. The Boston Consulting Group based their research upon 44 different well-being indicators, including wealth, health and education, to give each country a score out of 100.
In August over 2 million travellers are expected to arrive in Brazil, ready to watch over 10,000 athletes from 206 countries compete for just 306 medals across 28 sports. Unfortunately, the 2016 games have been somewhat overshadowed by problems within Brazil, for example the Zika virus (which is especially concerning for young women). To help […]
Travel Tips & Advice
To make sure you stay healthy and well during your holidays, you must be prepared. Here are our top tips for avoiding a holiday disaster, and staying healthy abroad; First aid kits – always carry a decent first aid kit when you go abroad, this should include an antiseptic agent (e.g. wipes or cream), plasters, […]
Deep vein thrombosis or DVT is when a blood clot forms in a vein, this often occurs in the legs because of long periods of immobility, but it can happen elsewhere in the body, for example the arms. If a small part of the clot breaks away it can be extremely dangerous, as it will […]
Unfortunately most holidays come with a certain amount of travelling, and this can cause a lot of distress for holidaymakers who suffer from motion sickness. Imagine instead of being excited, actually dreading the beginning and end of your holiday because you know you are going to feel awful. Travel or motion sickness is brought on […]
Please note, Holidaysafe’s online prices automatically include a 15% discount against our Customer Service Centre prices.